Plantagenets
Murder & Betrayal


The Devil’s Brood

The Plantagenet family ruled England from 1154 to 1485. They are one of the most famous and extraordinary families in English history with 14 kings. Not only were they past monarchs but they claimed they were descendants of the devil with all of the murder and betrayal that surrounded them and their reigns.

Even their predecessors and descendants, The Tudors, had a devilish streak: Henry VIII had 28 important nobles executed, Mary I had 12 nobles beheaded and had many Protestants burnt alive while Elizabeth I executed only 6 noblemen.

I would like to find out more about this incredible family who have inspired authors, tv producers and film makers alike. I will share my knowledge with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.